Today I prepared my first dance kiln cast test piece into the only kiln it will fit into and that is free at the moment with flower pots filled with glass billets resting above it as shown below.

Looking at my other moulds for my final piece, finding a kiln is going to be very difficult due to the sheer size of them! I may need to use a kiln which is not designed for casting, only annealing but as it is big enough… We’ll have to see.

I also ran my second art club workshop today at Elston Hall Primary School. We made origami roses with leaves. This is the second of a Mothers Day project and next week they will be completing whatever is unfinished from the two previous weeks ready for Mothers day at the end of that week. Perfectly timed although at the beginning, it was unplanned! The students are so creative and producing some excellent work!