My enamel test piece came out the kiln today. I had used 4 layers of glass; 3 with black enamel shadows and the top with white enamel silhouette. After I had fired the enamel on, the second firing was to fuse the layers together. When it came out the white was cream coloured and the black was dark green and blotchy. It looked terrible! I now need to change my final idea as I do not want it to look like that. I think it will be using silhouettes and layering but with sandblasting to apply the imagery. I need to come up with some designs over the weekend. I have asked for sheets of 4mm thick glass although 6mm would probably be best but is more expensive! These will be for my final pieces for 2 modules. I wont get the glass until Tuesday though as the technician isn’t in until then.
Ballet Layered Enamel Test
by Kelly | 31 Mar 2011 | 5AA003 Creative Applications, 5AA005: Specialist Practice in Applied Arts, Assessment Deadlines, Creating in the Workshops, Initial Ideas | 0 comments