I put a kiln on today with the low firing enamels screen printed on as a test piece. My next test piece will have high firing enamels on it first as background colours, so that I can then screen print low firing enamels on top after firing. These will be ready to sample for the mirroring process which I hope to try within industry at a company in Walsall.

I started attempting the background painting with colours and expressing the movement of the dance in the strokes used. I am finding it really difficult to express the movement in the background, despite all the visual aids of other artists work around me… It doesn’t feel organic and natural to me although looking at others’ work, I can see and feel the movement very effectively.